Greetings! I'm Ken Roberts, an athlete, a martial artists, a fitness trainer, a veteran, a father, and a nutrition and dietetic professional. All of these things together build knowledge and practical experience.
I know and understand the importance of nutrition on performance and wellness, which is why I founded Top Nutrition and Performance, LLC.
Top Nutrition and Performance, LLC., has two divisions that include Training & Education and Communication.
The Training & Education division focuses on providing science-driven performance coaching and evidence-based nutrition coaching and education. It is my goal to help people live the active healthy lifestyle they've always wanted. Whether that is improving their health to spend more time with their kids or grandkids, changing their body composition for health or sports performance, or wanting to gain a competitive edge in a sport they may already be playing.
The Communication divisions is the public outreach for health and science education. You may have noticed this website is called Veteran Performance and Wellness Bites (VPWB) Podcast. VPWB is a podcast specially designed to share resources and education to the veteran population, my brother and sisters that I served with everyday for twenty years. The podcasts are short to moderate in length, and consist of interviews of veterans sharing their stories; as well as education for performance and wellness from professionals and other experts that tie the content all together. VPWB podcast launches this spring.
Pictured to the left is a photo of me crossing the finish line at the USA Triathlon National Championships in August of 2017. The kit I am wearing is the US Military Endurance Sports (USMES) kit. In June of 2017 I retired from the U.S. Marine Corps after 20 years of service. The information on this website does not represent USMES or the Marine Corps, rather it shows that I am a proud member and supporter of my fellow veterans. As a service member I proudly served my country, and now as a nutrition and sports professional I continue to serve my community by helping others through my veteran owned and operated business.
Some of my qualifications include:
- Ironman Certified Coach
- USATF Level 1 Coach
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Nutrition and Dietetic Technician, Registered (NDTR), Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Public Health Nutrition, Certificate of Training, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Vegetarian Nutrition, Certificate of Training, (AND)
- Nutrition Counseling, Certificate of Training, (AND)
- Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 2, American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics, Kansas State University
- Elite Trainer, International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Certified Fitness Trainer, ISSA
- Youth Fitness Trainer, ISSA
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist, ISSA
- Exercise Therapy Specialist, ISSA
- American Red Cross CPR
- Marine Corps Physical Training Instructor
- Marine Corps Drill Instructor
- Marine Corps Martial Arts Instructor Trainer
- U.S. Marine Corps Retired
You can view my personal records below, or click here to view my Athlinks timed events:
3 Marathon PR - 3:11:50
11 Half Marathons PR 1:27:05
2 15K PR 01:07:54
4 10K PR 40:59
2 5K PR 19:24
3 Ironman 70.3 - PR 04:52:54
2 Reverse Sprint - PR 01:02:05
6 Olympic Triathlon - PR 2:28:08
5 Sprint Triathlon - PR 00:57:04
1 Mondo Fondo (104miles) 7:43:11
Obstacle Course Races
2 World Toughest Mudder 2015 & 2016 - Finisher
1 Toughest Mudder Midwest 2017, completing 25 miles
10 Tough Mudder Events, with 2 events completing 2 laps in a day
2 Battle Frog Extreme(s)
1 Spartan Trifecta (Sprint, Super, and Beast)
1 Warrior Dash
1 Rugged Maniac
1 Atlas Race
2 3-5mile Mud Runs
I’m glad you took the time to read a bit about me, and I hope you enjoy the information posted throughout this site. Feel free to post or email any questions or comments you have. You can reach me through Facebook or Twitter. If you are local to O'Fallon, IL and want to be trained in person, click here to book me through FindYourTrainer or give me a call.